I can’t believe February is already here! January flew by us, it feels like I just blinked. It doesn’t help that it was in the high 50’s today. For New England we should be in the thick of snow and winter, not that I’m complaining, but it just doesn’t feel like winter!
We have switched over to a different color scheme, here is the February spread:
I kept it real simple this week, a less is more approach. I primarily used stickers from Michaels, and then my standard weekly stickers and stamps. Check out my post from January 25th-31st for where they all come from.
Here is the week before the ink, and a closeup:
I didn’t use all the washi tape, and I didn’t glue down any extra’s. Like I said, simple, less is more. I love how simple it is and yet still inspiring. Here is the final spread:
Plenty of room and space for me to add to as the week gets underway. Working on our menu plan now!
B and I wanted to come up with something creative for our guests to use as we exited the church. We wanted something more environment friendly than rice, confetti or balloons. I loved the idea of bubbles, but my sister used that for her wedding three years prior, so I was in search of something a little more freesh and original. As I was looking I came across the perfect idea. Wedding bells!
We decided to create ribbon wands with bells on the end for our guests to wave as we walked by. A bit more of a time consuming project, but I was ecstatic with the result.
We were fortunate to have help from our sisters and brothers in law so the project wasn’t too overwhelming, but we made just about 150 of these puppies! First thing we did was visit the craft store and gather all of the necessary materials. Actually, I made multiple trips to the craft store so that I could use my 50% off coupon more than once….
Once we had gathered all of our materials the first step was to drill a small hole into the end of each dowel (thanks to family members with power tools!). Once we had a small hole to guide us it took a little bit of elbow grease to screw in the eye hook. We managed to only split one or two dowels by mistake, I consider that a success!
The next step was what I considered the most time consuming, attaching a key ring to each bell. Just when you though you had the ring open the bell would slip away! Once each bell had a ring attached we then attached bell to the eye hook on each dowel.
Next I made a sample so that I knew approximately how long I wanted my ribbon to be. Then I cut all of my ribbons. I chose the yellow and blue to go with my wedding colors and then found a fun white ribbon that said “Happily ever after”.
Next came the fun part. We tied about three ribbons to the eye ring of each dowel.
That’s a lot of wedding wands! As it got closer to the day I arranged them in a basket with this cute saying “Wave the wand with joy and laughter and celebrate with the new Mr. and Mrs. for a Happily Ever After!” Perfection.
I think it was a fun touch for our special day. It was the exact extra oomph that I was looking for. Oh, and our ring bearer was quite possibly is the cutest little man ever.